Zimmerman air balancers by IR make lifting safer and easierOctober 7, 2019 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Ingersoll Rand (IR) has been making construction sites work more efficiently and safely for more than a century and a half. Canadian companies benefit from IR’s portfolio of tools and equipment through Dobco Equipment. Dobco’s impressive lineup includes IR’s Zimmerman brand of ergonomic balancers – including several models of air balancers. These pneumatic balancers give workers a safer, more comfortable way to lift heavy materials of up to 2,000 pounds.
With built-in overload protection
IR’s Zimmerman air balancers offer many best-in-class features for safe, ergonomic handling of large loads, keeping workers both healthy and productive. With their precise, strain-free positioning, users hands are free to raise, lower, or shift loads with virtually no resistance. Another advantage is easy access to airflow calibration controls, which enables simpler adjustment of the float.
Each of these pneumatic balancers also includes built-in overload protection to make sure that the lifted load exceeds the maximum capacity. If a load is accidentally lost, the centrifugal brake automatically stops all upward cable travel. Both of these features are an enormous boon to worker safety.
Eight models of Zimmerman air balancers are available from Dobco:
- Balance Air (BA) series. For suspending and/or positioning constant weights. Used for single-load suspending applications, either at a fixed height or in which both hands are used to raise, lower, and position a load manually.
- Basic (B) series. For use with integrated Handling Device controls. Comes with no controls. Designed for integration with an end effector or handling device with a control package.
- Equal Air (EA) series. For lifting and/or positioning up to three loads, within an 18.1-kilogram weight range with no need to adjust controls.
- InteLIFT Basic (IB) series. Also for use with integrated Handling Device controls. Robust design offers continuous duty cycle with little maintenance.
- InteLIFT Coiled Pendant. For pick-and-place tasks in precision assembly.
- InteLIFT Force Sensing. Senses user force to raise and lower loads.
- InteLIFT Straight. Also for pick-and-place. Comes with rocker switch for quick load positioning.
- Zim Air (ZA) series. For lifting, hoisting, and positioning variable loads.
For more information, contact Dobco.