Water-based adhesive has many advantagesApril 21, 2015 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
3M’s Water Based Foam Adhesive (WBFA), available from Scarborough, Ont.-based Adheco, is a powerful water-based replacement for solvent-based adhesives. The two-component water-based sprayable adhesive is used to bond foam, moulded foam to foam, wood, plastics and non-wovens — bonding many porous substrates to porous or non-porous substrates with immediate tack.
The neoprene-based product combines multiple advantages for productivity and end-use reliability. Not only is it certified to the GreenGuard Children and Schools product emission standard for low-emitting interior building materials in a variety of LEED rating categories, but it also has:
- flexible bond lines; and
- high immediate bond strength for fast throughput.
- It is also heat activateable; and
- features high solids for more economical use of the adhesive (up to 3.5 times more coverage than a typical solvent-based product).
In addition, the adhesive is non-flammable in a wet state, and features simplified dispensing that reduces misting and overspray.
Applications include bonding:
- foam to wood and plastics in the manufacturing of office chairs;
- foam fabricating, severe pinch bonds;
- non-woven polyester to foam cushions; and
- foam to wood in upholstered furniture.
For more information on 3M’s Water Based Foam Adhesive, contact Adheco.