Versatile systems drive can control any AC motorMarch 30, 2017 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Wainbee offers a modular and compact systems drive for controlling the speed and position of AC motor applications: the AC890 systems drive. This drive, manufactured by Parker, can be used with any AC motor and practically any speed and position feedback configuration. Thanks to this versatility, the AC890 can achieve high performance with existing AC motors, eliminating the need for motor replacement, saving both time and money.
This systems drive offers five different operation modes:
- Open-loop control for speed control of basic, single or multi-motor applications;
- Sensorless vector control that provides high torque and precise speed regulation with no need for speed measuring transducers;
- Closed-loop vector control for 100 per cent continuous full load stand-still torque and a dynamic speed loop;
- PMAC servo control that enables the use of PMAC motors such as the TMW Series, with a feedback device;
- Active front-end module for line regeneration is a configuration that can feed energy back into the grid for applications requiring four quadrant or continuous braking.
The AC890 systems drive features advanced control algorithms that run on a 150-Mhz microprocessor. This enables the drive to provide very high bandwidth control loops. That means the AC890 is suitable for the most demanding applications, including printing, cut-to-length, registration, rotary shear, position synchronization, converting and slitting.
This modular system drive is available in either a stand-alone version or a common bus system. The stand-alone version offers a complete drive with everything included, such as a keypad and display. It is ideal for applications with a single motor and no need for line regeneration. The common bus system allows multiple motor output drives to be simply connected to a common DC bus supply.
For more information on the benefits of the AC890 systems drive, contact Wainbee.