Use eyebolts the right way with Ken Forging’s application tipsNovember 23, 2015 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Drop-forged eyebolts from Ken Forging are built to the highest standards. The company uses the best materials, processes and quality assurance methods to ensure its customers receive superior quality products. But to get the most out of these fasteners, it’s important to understand the appropriate applications and precautions. To help customers in that regard, the Ken Forging catalogue provides helpful information on eyebolt installations.
Ken Forging offers a number of recommendations for the application of eyebolts:
- Always align loads to the plane of the eye.
- A steel washer or spacer can be used on shoulder eyebolts to ensure the load is aligned properly. However, the washer or spacer must not be more than one thread pitch in thickness.
- Avoid angular lifting applications, as they significantly reduce the rated capacities of eyebolts.
- After any angular lift, inspect the seating. If the initial lift made the bolt back away from the load, unload the eyebolt and reseat it.
- For untapped through-hole applications, use longer length shoulder bolts with a steel nut and washer for the required thread length of engagement.
- For plain eyebolt tapped hole applications, holes should be threaded for full length engagement of the eyebolt.
- To ensure a proper seating, counter-sink the receiving hole and clear away any debris.
When used properly, eyebolts from Ken Forging offer exceptional reliability and strength. These fasteners are designed with a 5:1 safety factor. They also meet industry standards such as manufacturing to ASME B18.15 and testing to ASTM A489, which has earned the company a reputation for quality manufacturing in its 45 years in business.
“We offer a product line of industrial hardware that is proudly forged in the USA, and is guaranteed to meet or exceed all of our customer's expectations,” the company says.
Ken Forging offers eyebolts and a variety of other hardware in a range of dimensions, styles, materials and finishes. For more information, contact the company.