UR’s industrial collaborative robots suit a diverse range of applicationsSeptember 16, 2019 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Universal Robots (UR) is changing the game in flexible automation with its industrial collaborative robots, or “cobots”, available through Advanced Motion & Controls Ltd. One of the reasons for their popularity is their unsurpassed versatility. Cobots can be used in a broad variety of industries for a wide range of applications – making each task easier, safer, and more efficient. UR is accomplishing this for companies all around the world.
Greater productivity for global competition
Manufacturers of all sizes are benefiting from UR’s line of industrial collaborative robots. Whatever processing task a company needs to do, this family of robot arms help to achieve higher productivity for competition in a global market.
Among the many applications in which UR cobots have been proven:
- Pick and place. Users can automate repetitive pick/place tasks.
- Injection moulding. Quick, accurate moulding for prototyping and short-run manufacturing.
- CNC machining. For automating CNC machine tending.
- Packaging and palletizing. UR’s industrial collaborative robots can help ensure deliveries are counted correctly and packed according to strict standards.
- Quality inspection. Automating quality control increases consistency and maintains high product standards.
- Assembly. UR cobots help to maximize output.
- Polishing. Cobots with built-in force mode polish and buff consistently, even on curved or uneven surfaces.
- Machine tending. With UR robot arms to tend machines, employees are relieved of highly repetitive work.
- Screw-driving. Tightening and screw-driving can be done with exacting precision.
- Lab analysis and testing. Users can automate demanding research projects in laboratories that require flexibility, efficient use of space, and seamless integration of lab peripherals.
- Gluing, dispensing, and welding. Using a cobot for gluing, welding, or dispensing applications help to reduce waste while boosting accuracy.
That is not all that cobots can do. Manufacturers invest in these devices from Advanced Motion & Controls for many other tasks.
To get an idea of how cobots operate, check out this video about how the UR10 model assisted a Ford line in Romania:
To learn more, contact Advanced Motion & Controls Ltd.