The many types of shim stock rolls available from DaemarJuly 20, 2016 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Daemar Inc. can supply a wide variety of shim rolls and sheets. This shim stock is easy to stamp, cut, shear, bore, mill or drill to suit any application. Getting shim stock from Daemar Inc. offers a number of advantages. For instance, this shim stock is precision rolled for accuracy and is available in many different materials.
Some of the different types of shim stock rolls available include:
- Stainless steel shim rolls in 300 Series, full hard tempered stainless steel. This shim stock has a Rockwell hardness of C40-45, and is slightly magnetic due to the cold rolling process.
- Brass shim rolls cold rolled to a 1/2 hard temper. The brass shim stock consists of 70 per cent copper and 30 per cent zinc, and has a Rockwell hardness of 30T 56/68.
- Steel shim rolls in low carbon mild steel. The steel is cold rolled to a #1 hard temper. This shim stock can be used where hardness is required, and offers both stiffness and spring.
- Nickel shim rolls in 200 grade annealed nickel.
- Aluminum shim rolls in type 1100 aluminum. These rolls have at least 99 per cent aluminum content, and have been tempered to H-18 full hard.
- Blue tempered shim rolls made from 1095 high carbon spring steel. The material is polished and blued, and offers a Rockwell hardness of C 48/51.
- Annealed steel shim rolls in 1075 high-carbon steel. This shim stock is a spheroidized annealed temper.
- Copper shim rolls. These are made from 110 alloy copper shim stock that is in an annealed (soft) condition.
- Plastic shim sheets are also available. They are ideal for applications where corrosion is an issue. These shims are colour coded for easy identification at a glance.
In addition to shim stock, Daemar Inc. can supply a range of aligning products, including custom shims, slotted shim kits and keystock. For more information, visit the company’s website.