Tsubaki’s corrosion-resistant roller chains stand up to harsh conditionsJanuary 16, 2017 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Specially developed corrosion-resistant chains from Tsubaki have earned a reputation for outlasting the competition in even the most challenging conditions, contributing to increased uptime and, as a result, increased profits.
A wide selection
Tsubaki’s anti-corrosion chains offer a trouble-free performance in applications that involve corrosive chemicals, acids and alkalis, tap or salt water, high or freezing temperatures, and high levels of moisture. They are available in several different materials to meet the needs of each application.
- The NP nickel-plated roller chain is suitable for outdoor applications where water is present. This model is electroplated prior to assembly, and can withstand temperatures ranging from -10 to 60 degrees C.
- Models with new environmental plating (NEP) feature a hexavalent-free coating and offer superior corrosion resistance compared to nickel-plated varieties.
- The SS stainless steel roller chain is composed of type 304 stainless steel. It can be used in corrosive conditions underwater and in acids/alkalis, and in temperatures ranging from -20 to 400 degrees C.
- The NS stainless steel roller chain is made from type 316 stainless steel and has the greatest corrosion-resistant properties of all of Tsubakiʼs stainless steel roller chain products. It can work in temperatures ranging from -20 to 400 degrees C.
- The AS stainless steel roller chain includes type 600 stainless steel parts (pins and rollers) for extra strength, with link plates and bushings made from type 304 stainless steel. These chains are an excellent choice for drives requiring both corrosion resistance and high load capacity. They can work in temperatures ranging from -20 to 400 degrees C.
- The TI titanium roller chain is extremely lightweight, non-magnetic and highly corrosion resistant. It can operate in temperatures ranging from -20 to 400 degrees C.
- PC poly steel chains require no lubrication and offer great wear resistance, making them suitable for maintenance-free, sanitary environments in both conveying and driving applications. They consist of an engineering plastic inner link and 304 type stainless steel pins and outer link plates. PC chains can operate in temperatures ranging from -23 to 80 degrees C.
Tsubaki’s experienced engineers have the expertise to help customers select the correct chain and features for the application. To learn more, contact Tsubaki.