Five top features of Ohio Broach dual ram vertical broaching machinesJune 25, 2015 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
The Ohio Broach & Machine Company designs, manufactures and markets its own line of broaching machines from its 50,000-square-foot facility in Willoughby, Ohio. Dual ram vertical broaching machines are one of the company’s offerings, available in capacities ranging from five tons with a 48-inch stroke, through to 15 tons with a 72-inch stroke.
The top five features of the dual ram machines include:
- Hardened and ground steel ways. The machine ways for this model series are composed of high carbon steel, hardened and tempered, then ground to closely controlled tolerances, to provide long service life and durability.
- Precision ram slide. The ram slides are manufactured from close-grain, high-tensile, cast-iron material. Slide surfaces are hand-scraped for a precise fit and then flaked for maximum lubrication penetration.
- Lubrication system. All heavy-duty models utilize TRABON pressurized, individual point lubrication. Standard system features include low reservoir level indication, anti-start interlocking (in automatic control mode), and high pressure indication for detecting an impaired normal flow condition.
- Hydraulics. A high-performance Eaton fixed-displacement vane pump is used along with other Eaton valves and controls to form the basis of the standard machine drive system. This type of system is a reliable, industrial “open-loop” design. The pumps and valves are mounted on a stand-alone hydraulic reservoir.
- Machine frame. The ram slide and table sub-assemblies are mounted on a rigid base weldment. The lower portion of this weldment serves as a coolant reservoir for the machine. These features allow the machine to have a compact design.
For more information on the company’s dual ram vertical broaching machines, or any of the other broaching machines the company designs and manufactures, contact The Ohio Broach & Machine Company.