Threaded plugs protect threads and fittings during production, shipping and storageJuly 24, 2017 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
MOCAP’s comprehensive offering of caps, plugs and grips includes threaded plugs. These units are designed to protect threads and fittings from moisture, contamination and damage during production, shipping and storage. They are available in a range of styles to suit the exact needs of each application.
A broad selection
MOCAP’s threaded plugs are manufactured in an assortment of styles and materials to fit a wide variety of standard and metric threads, as well as various types of threaded ports, fittings and assemblies.
The lineup includes:
- General purpose plugs: These units are made from Polypropylene, and available for BSP (British Standard Pipe), metric and unified/straight threads. The BSP and metric styles feature a knurled head and slot for easy on-off application, while the unified/straight styles feature a moulded-in o-ring style bead and external lip on the flange to seal out contaminants.
- Sealing plugs: These units can be made from Polypropylene (red) or nylon (yellow), and are available for BSP, metric and unified/straight threads. They are also available with a factory-fit neoprene o-ring when a secure seal is required.
- Plugs for NPT threads: Constructed from Polypropylene, these units are available with a hex socket, square head and square head flanged design.
- Threaded plastic plugs: Constructed from low-density Polyethylene, these units come in designs for flared JIC fittings, flat-faced o-ring fittings and inverted flared fittings. They are also available in Polypropylene for straight thread o-ring ports.
- Plugs for MS-21921 flareless tube and nut assemblies: These units are made from low-density Polyethylene, and feature a knurled grip for easy application. They also offer a better-than-normal seal when being tightened by hand.
- Universal thread plugs: Made from low-density Polyethylene, these units are designed for maximum flexibility to fit many different thread types and sizes with a simple push-in and turn to lock-in-place.
- Push-in plugs for SAE and NPT threads: These plugs are made from low-density Polyethylene, and designed to simply snap into place to protect threads.
These threaded plastic plugs are stocked and available for immediate shipment. For more information, contact MOCAP.