Thread protection for oilfield drill pipesAugust 22, 2016 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Daemar Inc. can supply a full selection of thread protection products for the heavy drill pipes used for oilfield drilling equipment. These pipes are costly and vulnerable to damage, so thread protection is critical to ensure drilling systems operate successfully. The options available from Daemar include tubing, casing and tool joint series.
Oilfield thread protection products
- The HU Series protection products are designed for protecting the threads and sealing surfaces of Hammer Union Joint connections. These caps are made from high durometer vinyl, so they provide high durability and resistance to impact, yet are less expensive than traditional covers.
- The CLT Series for long thread protection and CST Series for short thread protection are both non-threaded, so they are easy to install on exposed well casing threads. They also have a tear ring and rail removal feature that meets API standard duty requirements. These thread protectors are perfect for rig-ready shipments.
- For sucker rod protection, the SSR Series has non-threaded ends, excellent impact resistance, and is easy to remove with socket tools and wrenches. Also available is the PSR Series designed specifically for polished stainless steel sucker rods. They have screw-on threaded ends to provide maximum retention.
- The FPN Series of sucker rod plugs provides heavy-duty protection of sucker-rod couplings, and a wide range of applications where reliable protection is needed.
- The Tubing Series of thread protectors is available for EUE and NUE tubing.
- The Casing Series of thread protectors is available for BTC, LTC and STC casings.
- The Tool Joint Series of thread protectors is available for REG, IF, FH and XH tool joints.
For more information on the products available from Daemar, visit the company’s website.