The six main sectors that Rapid Gear serves bestJanuary 22, 2018 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Since the mid-1970s, Rapid Gear has excelled in such services as precision machining, gear cutting, and rebuilding and maintaining gearboxes from its Kitchener, Ont. location. The company’s talents are versatile enough to serve a number of different industries in Canada – all of which find their own unique uses for Rapid Gear’s capabilities.
From ski lifts to the military
Rapid Gear’s experienced craftspeople and technicians have satisfied clients with products, services, and onsite inspections of gearing in the following six sectors:
- Aggregate industries – Rapid Gear rebuilds, maintains, and replaces power-transmission gearboxes for aggregate organizations. The company also handles leaking seals, as well as input cartridge bearing and seal replacement. Challenges that this sector faces include: dust and powder clogging seals and bearings; speed changes that add stress and wear to gearboxes; and high ambient temperatures that break down lubricants and seals.
- Cranes and lifting – Similar services are offered for crane and lifting gearboxes as for the aggregate sector. In addition to variable speeds and high ambient temperatures, this industry also deals with high stress from heavy lifting, which requires quality material.
- The military and navy – Gearboxes in the military and navy may face wet environments, with high humidity and salt water that corrode metal and contaminate lubricants.
- Mining – Gears and gearboxes used by miners may be affects by variable speeds, weather and environmental factors that may reduce bearing life by breaking down lubricants and seals, and dust that may clog and grind away at seals and bearings.
- Pulp and paper – Gearboxes in this industry are also vulnerable to wet environments, frequent speed changes, and high temperatures that can damage gearboxes.
- Ski lifts – Rapid Gear is a member of the Ontario Snow Resorts Association, and it excels in diligent maintenance, repair, and service of ski-lift equipment. Services include leaking seals, bull wheel machining or replacement, input cartridge bearing and seal replacement, and onsite gearing inspections.
Having accomplished success stories in such a variety of industries is ample evidence of Rapid Gear’s stellar reputation.
To learn more, contact Rapid Gear.