Tarca system loaded with features that facilitate heavy lifting, safelyMay 20, 2016 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
As an authorized dealer for Gorbel products, Engineered Lifting Systems & Equipment (ELS) is able to supply the freestanding Tarca Track System to its customers. This overhead lifting system has many features and benefits that make it a top choice for many applications that require the safe lifting of heavy materials.
- Increased load capacity: The lower section of the Tarca track is specially rolled from high carbon billet and welded to a structural steel web and top flange. This construction increases its load carrying capacity to five tons, and helps to avoid peening — the gradual movement of metal, which results in increased wear. The track's construction, with its non-peening qualities, also significantly increases track life.
- Flat and smooth raised tread: The Tarca system's raised tread design allows metal to flow in both directions when continuously subjected to a rolling load. While this is happening, the tread stays flat and smooth, which allows for easy rolling of loaded wheels.
- Greater safety: The high carbon alloy steel rail is carefully welded together, resulting in maximum strength and rigidity, as well as greater safety.
- Standardized rail widths available: This system allows a rail of uniform width to be maintained over a wide range of beam depths and carrying capacities. This uniformity provides a basis for standardization.
- Quick installation: Since overall track depth is held to close tolerances, and flange and rail are held square with the web, Tarca systems fit neatly together. This eliminates time-consuming shimming and fitting during installation.
- Wide selection: The Tarca system is available with multiple options to meet the needs of a wide range of applications. It is available as a free-standing or braced system, with spans to 60 feet, and with runway supports centers in 20- to 40-foot increments.
The Tarca system, with its many features and advantages, is ideal for use in a wide range of applications, including hot metal and high duty cycle applications, parts assembly and machining, warehouse loading docks, process equipment maintenance, and truck service centres.
To learn more, contact ELS.