Tapered plugs protect threads and fittings from damageJanuary 11, 2017 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
MOCAP carries a large lineup of tapered plugs in a range of sizes and materials, offering customers many options when it comes to protecting threads and fittings from moisture, contamination and damage during production, shipping and storage.
The lineup includes:
- Tapered plastic plug caps: T Series caps are made from red low-density polyethylene and designed to fit multiple diameters. With a dual function closure, these units can be used as a cap or plug.
- Wide flange tapered plastic plug caps: Also made from red low-density polyethylene, these WF Series caps feature a wider flange than the T Series for added protection of external surfaces.
- Thick wide flange tapered plug caps: Made from low-density polyethylene, these TWF Series units are yellow for high visibility, and offer a thicker and wider flange for added durability.
- Thick extra wide flange tapered plug caps: The XW Series is made from yellow low-density polyethylene. They are oversized and highly visible for pre-assembly operation removal, and feature a wider flange than the TWF Series for added protection of external surfaces.
- Center pull tapered plastic plugs: The CP Series is made from red low-density polyethylene and features a center pull tab for quick and easy removal. The tab is moulded into the plug to prevent it from breaking off.
- Center pull plugs with wide flanges: The CPW Series is just like the CP Series, but it features a wider flange for added protection of external surfaces.
- Paper tapered plugs: The MPTP Series, made from brown paper, is an environmentally friendly and economical masking solution. Ideal for low- to high-temperature applications, they are capable of withstanding temperatures up to 204 degrees C (400 degrees F).
- EPDM tapered plugs: The MEP Series is made from EPDM and is designed to resist chemicals and temperatures up to 149 degrees C (300 degrees F). The tapered design gives it the capability to mask various hole diameters.
- Silicone rubber tapered plugs: The MSP Series, constructed of silicone, can mask various hole diameters and resist temperatures up to 316 degrees C (600 degrees F). The MHSP Series of larger silicone rubber tapered plugs are available with a hollow end for cost savings.
To learn more about its comprehensive selection of tapered plugs, contact MOCAP.