Tapered plugs by MOCAP keep threads, fittings from getting damagedSeptember 3, 2019 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
MOCAP remains a major source of protective products, and one of the more popular categories is industrial tapered plugs. These are plugs that have been designed to protect fittings and threads from moisture, contamination, or damage during production, shipping, and storage phases. Tapered plugs are one of MOCAP’s three groups of protective plugs; the other two members of this family are friction fit plugs and threaded plugs.
Nine types of tapered plugs
There are nine models of industrial tapered plugs available from MOCAP:
- Centre pull plugs – similar to MOCAP’s standard tapered LDPE plug caps, but with centre pull tabs for easier removal. Nearly 40 sizes available, all red.
- Centre pull plugs with wide flanges – like centre pull plugs, but with wider flanges to provide superior surface-area protection. Extra-strong tabs to ensure plugs do not break off. Fourteen sizes available.
- EPDM tapered plugs – black, rubber, chemical-resistant industrial tapered plugs that can handle temperatures as high as 149 degrees Celsius. Twenty-three sizes available.
- Paper tapered plugs – environmentally friendly, economical light-brown plugs made of recycled paper that do not promote condensation. Twenty-one different sizes available.
- Silicone tapered plugs – available in 23 sizes, these can withstand temperatures of up to 316 degrees Celsius.
- Tapered plug caps – red protectors with a unique dual-function closure that allows workers to use them as caps or plugs. Easy to remove, but also provide secure fitting due to the tough LDPE construction. Almost 100 sizes available, designed to fit multiple diameters.
- Thick extra-wide-flange plug caps – the widest flange in MOCAP’s plug-cap series. Yellow and available in 14 sizes. Ideal for tube and hydraulic fittings, tube end caps, or pipe caps.
- Thick wide-flange plug caps – with thicker, wider flanges for easier handling. Coloured yellow for high visibility. Compliant with the standards of the aerospace and military industries. Available in more than 50 sizes.
- Wide-flange plug caps – like tapered plug caps, but with wider flanges for extra protection for external surfaces and to prevent users from accidently pushing them all the way through openings. Twenty-four sizes available.
For more information, contact MOCAP.