Tab-Ex 02 rugged tablets by ECOM ensure efficiency and productivityAugust 1, 2019 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Pepperl+Fuchs manufactures essential products for dangerous work environments through its ECOM brand, available in Canada from Process Instruments and Components Inc. (PIC). ECOM Tab-Ex 02 rugged tablets are a major upgrade of the Tab-Ex 01 series of explosion-proof devices, increasing ease of use to workers in such hazardous industries as oil and gas, refining, chemicals, and pharmaceuticals. This series is built to maximize efficiency and productivity for mobile workers.
Accurate information and decision making
Available in different models for Division 1/Zone 1 and Division 2/Zone 2, Tab-Ex 02 rugged tablets minimize costs while they ensure accurate data capture, real-time information, and decision making. Based on Samsung’s innovative Galaxy Tab Active2, these lightweight tablets work with the high-performance Android operating system and feature a powerful Octa Core processor with 1.6 gigahertz and three gigabytes of RAM.
With this upgraded hardware, the Tab-Ex 02 allows users to identify objects in installation through augmented-reality applications. The software delivers all underlying information directly into the operator’s field of vision in real time, as it allows sharing within a company network. Augmented reality results in more transparency, higher availability, and quicker, safer processes, from planning to plant operation and maintenance.
Technical specifications for these rugged tablets from PIC include the following:
- Operating system: Android Oreo 8.1
- Display: 1,280 by 800 pixels (WXGA), eight inches, TFT, 480 nit brightness
- Sensors: Face Recognition, Accelerometer, Gyro, Geomagnetic, Hall, RGB Light, Proximity
- Dimensions: Rugged & DZ2, 127.6 by 214.7 by 9.9 millimetres; DZ1, 162.1 by 256 by 33.3 millimetres
- Operating temperature: From -20 to 55 degrees Celsius
- Connectivity: LTE Cat.6 (300 Mbps) in LTE model; Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 plus five gigahertz); Wi-Fi Direct; Bluetooth 4.2
- Security: KNOX 2.8, Facial Recognition
- Camera: 8 MP AF + 5 MP
- Battery: 4,450 mAh; up to 11 hours of battery life
For more on the ECOM Tab-Ex 02 series, check out the video below:
These tablets comply with the ATEX, IECEx, and NEC & CEC safety standards.
For more information, contact PIC.