How sustainable is your product?January 10, 2015 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
CSA Group is committed to creating a more sustainable world. To achieve this goal, it has developed the CSA sustainability mark, which tells retailers, regulators and consumers that any product with this mark has met defined environmental performance and corporate responsibility requirements as outlined in CSA Group sustainability standards.
To display the CSA Group sustainability mark, the product must be assessed against criteria and attributes, including:
- Materials of concern (toxic or hazardous materials);
- Material efficiency (product recycled content, packaging recycled content, de-materialization or efficient use of raw material resources);
- Energy consumption during product use;
- Manufacturing and operation processes (environmental management systems, greenhouse gas emissions reporting, water management, pollution prevention, corporate sustainability);
- Product performance (functionality, reliability, reparability); and
- End-of-life management (recyclability, design for recycling, landfill diversion programs).
CSA Group can also help companies obtain the energy efficiency verification marks needed to sell products across North America. Energy efficiency verification marks from CSA Group demonstrate the product has met the energy efficiency requirements outlined by Natural Resources Canada, Canadian provincial energy efficiency regulations, California Energy Commission and the U.S. Department of Energy.
CSA Group has knowledgeable technical experts who understand the sustainability and energy efficiency mark requirements. Contact the company for details on obtaining either of these marks.