Strap clamps and wedges available from Ken ForgingOctober 2, 2015 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
A broad variety of machine shop setup tools are available from a leading manufacturer of drop-forged industrial hardware.
Jefferson, Ohio-based Ken Forging has been serving the fastener and forging industries for more than 45 years. The company has continually expanded its fastener offerings. Today, a full range of machine shop tools is also available from Ken Forging, including setup wedges and strap clamps.
These clamps and wedges are used on all types of machine tools for applications including drilling, milling, boring and shaping. No matter the application, a proper setup with quality tools is essential to ensuring the machining process is problem-free.
According to Ken Forging, its product offering of clamps and wedges was developed to help customers meet that need.
“These products allow us to provide the tooling industry with the best quality forged setup equipment available.”
The selection available from Ken Forging includes many types of strap clamps such as finger clamps, gooseneck clamps (including drilled varieties), plain clamps (including drilled), t-slot nuts and u-clamps. The adjustable strap clamp products available include universal adjustable patterns and saddles.
Ken Forging typically makes its machine shop tools from drop-forged carbon steel, ASTM A521, Class CA.
Specifications on the standard sizes for its machine shop setup tools include:
- Setup wedges are available in standard lengths ranging from three to eight inches, widths from one to 1-5/8 inches, and thicknesses from ¼ to one inch at the thick end.
- Strap clamps range from 5-1/16 to 12 inches in length and 1-5/8 to 2-3/4 in width. They are capable of adjustments from 2-1/4 up to 6-1/4 inches, and can accept a maximum t-slot bolt size ranging from ⅝ up to one inch.
- Finger clamps and goose neck clamps come in sizes from four to eight inches in length, and 1-5/8 to 2-1/8 inches in width. Thicknesses range from ¾ to 1-1/8 inches.
- Plain clamps are available from four to 10 inches long and 1-5/8 to 2-1/2 inches wide. They range from ¾ to 1-3/8 inches thick.
- T-slot nuts range from 1-1/4 to 2-3/8 inches in length and 1-1/8 to two inches in width. T-slot sizes range from 5/8 to 1-1/4 inches. They are threaded to the UNC-2B standard.
- U-clamps are offered in sizes ranging from four to 12 inches in length and 1-1/3 to 3-1/4 inches in width. The slot widths range from 11/16 to 1-1/16 inches.
For more information on its line of machine shop setup tools, contact Ken Forging.