State-of-the-art equipment helps pharma companies get small molecule drugs to market fasterAugust 8, 2017 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Developing drugs in the pharmaceutical industry requires tools that enable thorough analytical analysis. But timing and cost are also critical, so many companies look for equipment that enables fast and economical development of drugs, too. Malvern and PANalytical, pioneers and innovators in developing characterization tools to assist in pharmaceutical development, understand this need. The two leaders provide best-in-class tools to assist customers in small molecule pharmaceutical formulation development, characterization and process development.
The lineup, which is also available in Canada through Firing Industries, includes:
- The Morphologi G3 automated image analysis system. This morphologically directed raman spectroscopy unit provides size and shape analysis, as well as chemical identification. This helps users independently characterize components in a given formulation during de-formulation, and helps ensure component or compound homogeneity for in-house formulations.
- The Empyrean X-ray diffractometer. This X-ray powder diffraction unit helps users distinguish different crystalline forms to explore toxicity, efficacy and stability with solid-dose drugs.
- The Mastersizer 3000 laser diffraction unit. This equipment helps users determine particle size and distribution in pharmaceutical formulations, liquid suspensions, dry powders and more.
- The Zetasizer Nano system. This unit uses dynamic light scattering and electrophoretic light scattering to quickly determine molecular size, distribution, charge and molecular weight in liquid formulations, dispersions and suspensions.
- The Epsilon 1 instrument. This X-ray fluorescence unit allows users to accurately test raw materials and final products, while also detecting the presence of residual catalysts in the active pharmaceutical ingredient and excipients.
- Kinexus rotational rheometers: These units help users determine the rheological properties of topical formulations to ensure product quality and performance.
- The OMNISEC triple detection GPC/SEC system: This system enables users to accurately determine formulation content and molecular weight distributions of excipients, binders and APIs.
- The MicroCal PEAQ-ITC: This isothermal titration calorimetry unit is ideal for use as a secondary, label-free screen in drug discovery for assessing binding affinity.
- The LeNeo Fusion instrument: This is a fast, safe, easy and fully automated way to prepare powder or solid samples into a homogeneous solution ready for ICP or AA elemental analysis.
To learn more, contact Firing Industries’ application-sales engineers at email@example.com or (877) 688-0974.