Springs & Things adds finishing touches to improve spring performanceAugust 6, 2015 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Springs & Things has a reputation for being able to handle a wide variety of requests — even when it comes to special spring coatings and finishes.
Working with a network of highly experienced and accredited vendors, the Mississauga, Ont.-based company has the capability to handle almost any request for spring products with special coatings and finishes.
The most popular commercial finish requests the company gets from customers are:
- Bright zinc (clear colour) and bake. Yellow, red, black and olive drab colours are also available; and
- Zinc phosphate and oil, standard grey or black colour, wet or dry oil.
Not only are these finishes aesthetically pleasing, but they also protect against corrosion and provide a cost effective way to improve spring performance.
Additional finishing touches available include:
- Hexavalent or trivalent options on colours, dyes and sealer;
- Wax after plating;
- Electroless nickel;
- Plastisol, vinyl, PVC and nylon dip or spray — a way to dampen noise, insulate, protect against corrosion, identify parts, reduce sharp edges, add friction or improve wear;
- Paint application — from the classic “Japan Black” to powder coating and modern e-coat;
- Passivation on stainless steel;
- Vibratory and tumbling services used for deburring, burnishing, polishing, rust inhibiting and drying;
- Ultrasonic and electro cleaning; and
- Shot peening — performed on parts that need to resist multiple shocks and heats.
Whether the customer's goal is to enhance the look of a spring, or improve its performance, Springs & Things can help. Special requests are its specialty.