Spring calculator provides useful design dataJuly 31, 2015 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Newcomb Spring has developed the Springulator spring calculator to help engineers, purchasing agents and designers calculate essential information. Viewed as the best and most robust spring calculator resource by industry professionals, the Springulator features easy-to-use functions, reference diagrams and stress charting.
Springulator has web-based and mobile device app versions that provide calculations for compression springs, extension springs and torsion springs.
With only a few fields of data entered, the Springulator allows users to check the stress of a design, calculate spring functions and test spring capabilities. The information calculated includes:
- Stress, corrected stress and stress at load height;
- Tension, free length, solid height, load at solid height, total number of coils, active coils, rate, deflection, index, Wahl factor, torsional movement and part weight;
- Spring stress charts with material tolerance guidelines;
- Calculations based on selected materials;
- English and metric measurements;
- Adjustable initial tension for extension springs; and
- Emailable and quotable results.
It’s important to note that Springulator results are for design purposes only, and are not guaranteed accurate. Contact Newcomb Spring directly to test and confirm the feasibility of any design. The company’s experts can often suggest ways to lower the production costs of the part, as well.
Newcomb Spring has been providing its growing list of customers with precision, custom metal form and spring manufacturing services for more than 100 years. It manufactures compression springs, extension springs, torsion springs, wire forms and stamped metal parts, in addition to a variety of precision metal components, at its seven U.S. plants and one Canadian plant. The company also has a facility dedicated to serving customers throughout Mexico and Latin America.