Specialty mining products are an important part of Tsubaki’s lineupAugust 30, 2019 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Tsubaki of Canada serves the country’s mining sector with a wide assortment of chains and related products. A broad range of surface and underground mining chains are available, but Tsubaki also manufactures specialty mining products for the industry. For example, the company independently designs and produces a line of top-grade carbon steel, alloy, and stainless steel sprockets to use with these chains. Other options include cam clutches, backstops, and power locks.
Safety on the worksite
Safety is one of Tsubaki’s highest priorities when it designs its mining solutions, and many of these specialty mining products have a highly refined construction to boost safety on the worksite. For example, cam clutches and backstops allow freewheeling or overrunning on one direction and driving or backstopping in the other, while power cylinders can be operated remotely, further boosting safety.
The full lineup of Tsubaki’s specialty mining products goes as follows:
- Power locks. Easy to install and assemble, these units eliminate backlash damage to keyways from heavy loads, thereby lowering machining expenses for long shaft keyways, splined shafts, threads, grooves, and steps.
- Large conveyor chains. Highly customizable chains with a variety of materials and corrosion-resistant coatings, attachments, and roller types available.
- Sprockets. Tsubaki sprockets are made of top-grade carbon steel to provide long wear life, resist abrasion, and withstand heavy shock loads. Alloy and stainless steel sprockets are also available.
- Cam clutches and backstops. The most versatile and complete cam-clutch selection on the market. These units, designed especially for mining applications, have a high torque capacity and offer maximum load transmitting members per given diameter. The BS-F series of backstops was developed for high-speed inclined belt conveyors and bucket elevators in this sector.
- Power cylinders. Self-contained, motorizes linear actuator units with a compact size and simple installation that make them perfect for mining applications. These products require little maintenance and are extremely sturdy.
- Cable carriers. Tsubaki’s KabelSchlepp division produces the S and SX series of extremely robust and stable steel cable carriers, plus the TKHD series of heavy-duty carriers for long travel lengths.
To learn more, contact Tsubaki.