Smart water softener system ensures optimized boiler operationJune 9, 2015 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Miura is a leader in the development of technology that reduces oil and gas consumption and conserves natural resources. It has grown to be one of the largest industrial steam boiler manufacturers in the world, but that’s not all the forward-thinking company is known for. Its lineup also includes the next-generation MW system, the most advanced answer to a highly softened water supply. The technology plays a large role in optimized boiler operation.
Miura's new MW regeneration process is designed to deliver a more consistent, highly softened water supply with the added reliability of double tank alternation, a system-integrated hardness detector, and a control panel that interfaces with Miura's dashboard systems.
The top features of the water softener technology include:
- Spit flow. New split-flow regeneration technology provides enhanced softening. Quality brine is supplied throughout the entire resin layer, ensuring ideal regeneration is performed every cycle.
- Conventional parallel water flow. As brine circulates from top to bottom, it absorbs the hardness released from the resin, but does not fully regenerate the bottom portion of the layer.
- 24-hour regeneration. The MW will automatically engage a 24-hour regeneration for each tank in the event the integral water totalizer is compromised.
- Colormetry hardness detector. Colormetry offers automated reagent injection, mixing and evaluation integrated into the boiler control system. The detector automatically monitors water quality and sends a signal to the boiler's hardness alarm contactor if hardness leakage is detected. If hardness is detected, it will automatically switch tanks to continue to supply softened water.
- Control panel. The control system interfaces with the boiler controller to initiate automatic blowdown after receiving hardness alarms.
- Remote dashboard monitoring. The system enables 24-7 monitoring of water softener performance. It is fully compatible with Miura's PC dashboard monitoring systems, as well as third-party PLC integration (Modbus and BACnet) to further enhance oversight of softener performance. Integrating the softener system into the comprehensive boiler controls/monitoring system maximizes operational awareness and provides real-time boiler water quality management.
Water hardness is a common cause of boiler damage. Employing a smart water softener system will not only optimize boiler performance, but it will minimize downtime and maintenance costs related to water quality issues.