Shimana push pull digital force gauges offer accuracy, reliabilitySeptember 10, 2015 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Digital Measurement Metrology carries quality digital and mechanical force gauges that can be used across all industries to measure the force during a push or pull test. The Brampton, Ont.-based company sells and calibrates a wide selection of force instruments, including the Shimana SHPMFG Series Push‐Pull Digital Force Gauges.
This economical digital force gauge solution has an accuracy of ± 0.2 per cent F.S. — a critical feature for measurement devices. The gauges are loaded with additional functionality to simplify compression and tension testing. These features include:
- Versatility: The device can be used as a hand-held, or it can be mounted on a test stand.
- Flexibility: Three modes of operation are selectable, including track mode for live readings; peak mode for displaying the peak reading (a value that remains until a higher peak is sensed); and auto peak mode, which is similar to peak mode, except the peak on the display will reset after a pre-programmed period of time.
- Large, reversible display: A key feature of these gauges is the large, backlit, 180-degree auto‐reversible display. It features multi‐language, compression/tension icons, as well as a dual labelled keypad for instant switching from push to pull testing for portable or test stand applications. The auto-reversible display allows it to be used as a portable gauge or mounted upside down on a test stand.
- Rechargeable batteries: The gauges are powered by rechargeable batteries, allowing for 16 hours of continuous use.
- Easy to use: These high‐tech instruments can easily log a reading at the push of a button for simple data acquisition, or be set to continuous data storage. Data can be viewed on the screen, sent to the optional printer, or loaded to be analyzed and graphed on the free software program. The 1,000-point memory with programmable groups allows for multiple tests to be recorded and easily separated upon loading.
- Programmable limits: The gauges provide a quick visual and audible indication on the screen if a test passed or failed the pre-programmed limits.
- Rugged construction: Rugged, ergonomic die cast aluminum construction allows the gauges to be used in demanding applications.
- Complete kit: Models are supplied with an AC adapter/charger, USB cable, hook attachment, flat tip attachment, cone tip attachment, notched tip attachment, extension shaft attachment, operating instruction manual and carrying case.
Like all measurement devices, calibration is necessary to ensure the continued accuracy of the device. Digital Measurement Metrology offers ISO 17025 accredited calibration, service and repairs from its facility in Brampton, helping its customers ensure these devices remain as reliable and accurate as they are designed to be.