Shimana digital force indicator offers simplicity and accuracyOctober 30, 2015 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
The Shimana SHPMFG-R Series digital force indicator is available in Canada from Digital Measurement Metrology (DMM). Combined with different remote load cells, including S-Beam and load button sensors, this digital force indicator offers the best price-performance ratio today.
Shimana digital force gauges are loaded with functionality and features to simplify compression and tension testing. These include:
- User-friendly display: The indicator provides a quick visual and audible indication on a large, LCD backlit, 180-degree auto-reversible display, allowing users to easily see if a test passed or failed.
- Simple programming and operation: The multi-language digital force gauge provides menu programming for easy selection and setup. Users can easily program it to meet their desired requirements. In addition, users can select from three modes of operation — “track mode” for live readings, “peak mode” for displaying the peak reading that remains until a higher peak is sensed, and “auto peak mode”, which will automatically reset after a programmed time period. The gauge gives users the ability to program high and low limits, and will give a quick visual and audible indication if a test passed or failed. The combination of the large, backlit display, compression/tension icons, and dual-labelled keypad allows for instant switching from push to pull testing. In addition, the unit has a 1,000-point data collection capability that can be viewed on the display, sent to the optional printer, or uploaded to software for further analysis.
- Versatile: The unit can be used as a portable gauge or mounted upside down on a test stand.
- Rugged construction: The unit is made from rugged die-cast aluminum, which means it is suitable for use in the most demanding applications.
- Fast and accurate results: The Shimana SHPMFG-R Series offers a 1,000-Hz sample rate, as well as 0.2 per cent full-scale accuracy.
Where to find it
Shimana digital force gauges are available in Canada from DMM, and can be ordered online from Forcegauges.ca, a fast, easy-to-use website for quality force instruments. The site, operated by DMM, carries more than 500 force gauges and sensors from a wide variety of brands. They are ready to be shipped from DMM’s Brampton, Ont.-based warehouse.