Sawdust elimination is a benefit of many Hi-Tech Duravent hose solutionsApril 12, 2019 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Hi-Tech Duravent manufactures an unparalleled selection of hose products for Canadian businesses, for a wide range of applications. In the wood-processing and forestry sectors, sawdust buildup is a common occupational health and safety hazard that can lead to fires and explosions at sawmills. So sawdust elimination is an important undertaking at these facilities – and Hi-Tech Duravent offers the right solutions, with several sawdust hoses.
Making an enormous difference
Fire is not the only danger that sawdust poses for woodworking or pulp and paper employees. Airborne dust makes breathing difficult and hazardous as well. With a number of flexible hoses in its product portfolio designed for sawdust elimination, Hi-Tech Duravent tackles these issues and makes an enormous difference in these workplaces.
Ideal choices that Hi-Tech Duravent offers for dust and chip collection include the following:
- ARD. Clear polyvinylchloride (PVC) wall reinforced with a spring wire helix. An economical choice for moving high volumes of air.
- CVD. Made of PVC reinforced by a wire helix. Great flexibility, with tight bending characteristics.
- Dust Flex. Three different designs available, in black, grey, or clear. Highly recommended for dust and fume removal.
- RFH-White. Constructed of white thermoplastic rubber reinforced with a wire helix. Offers very high chemical resistance.
- STA-Flex. With a polyolefin wall and helix. Recommended for retail woodworking. High flex fatigue; can be flexed into any shape and hold it.
- TBH. Black polypropylene hose reinforced by a wire helix. Economical hose for dust and fumes, with great flex-fatigue resistance.
- UFD. Thermoplastic polyurethane hose with high abrasion resistance and a clear design to enable users to locate blockage. Variations include the UFD.020, a lightweight alternative, and the UFD.045, with a heavier wall.
- ULD. A light-duty urethane hose with a two-ply construction. Excellent flexibility and compression.
In addition to being ideal for sawdust elimination, these hoses are all usable in a wide spectrum of temperatures, often as low as -50 degrees Celsius or up to 90 degrees Celsius. Other common advantages include chemical or moisture resistance.
To learn more, contact Hi-Tech Duravent.