Safety swivel hoist rings are among Ken Forging’s top offeringsNovember 29, 2018 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Ken Forging started in a 20-by-20-foot garage in 1970, and we have grown to 400,000 square feet and are the leading manufacturer in the forging business. Our company has expanded its capabilities to provide one of the broadest selections of drop-forged hardware. Among our offerings are swivel hoist rings, available in metric, longbar, and standard U-Bar types, in capacities up to 50,000 pounds.
Our safety swivel hoist rings are made with AISI 4140 steel alloy and have a black oxide finish. We thoroughly check our hoist rings to ensure they are free of defects. Our products undergo 100 per cent magnetic particle inspection, and all other load-bearing parts are inspected to ASTM E709-08 and MIL-STD-105 standards with zero permissible defects. We also perform 200 per cent proof-load testing on all hoist rings.
Safety is extremely important at Ken Forging — so important, we outline safety precautions for our swivel hoist rings on our website. It recommends regular inspection for wear and strict adherence to user instructions to prevent failure. Other tips:
- Regardless of the 5:1 safety factor, never exceed the rated capacity on hoist rings. This safety margin is needed in case of misuse, which could drastically lower load capacity.
- Make sure the hoist ring pivots and rotates in all directions freely.
- Tighten mounting screws to torque recommended. Periodically check torque because screws could loosen in extended service.
- Do not apply shock loads. Always lift gradually. Repeat magnaflux testing if shock loading ever occurs.
- Tensile strength of parent material should be above 80,000 PSI to achieve full load rating. For weaker material, consider through-hole mounting with a nut and washer on the other side.
Swivel hoist rings were among the products we showcased at the recent Industrial Fastener Expo in Las Vegas. This highly popular show was a great success for Ken Forging. A number of companies were impressed with our literature, and we received good feedback on our presentation, which stressed safe use of our products.
To learn more, contact Ken Forging at (440) 993-8091, or visit the company website.