Rosta makes machines operate smoothly and safely with anti-vibration mountAugust 8, 2019 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Extreme vibration can be a problem with industrial machinery. Not only can it damage equipment – it can also cause noise-induced hearing loss in workers with loud noise. The proper solution is to invest in an anti-vibration mount by Rosta Inc. These mounts are rubber-suspension units designed to guard against damage and excessive noise. They dampen machine vibration by absorbing medium- and low-frequency vibrating, actively or passively, as they accept compression, tension, and shear loading.
Saving money and maintenance
With these mounts, businesses save plenty in downtime and maintenance costs. An anti-vibration mount can be installed in any required position, even as a ceiling or wall mount, in many applications. Load capacities go from 20 to 20,000 kilograms.
Rosta Inc. manufactures six models of these anti-vibration mounts:
- Type AWI. Absorbs medium- and low-frequency vibration. Typically used in pairs and offers good linear guidance for a vibrating machine part. Maintenance-free, resistant to water and dirt, and with a stainless steel housing and interior.
- Type ESL. This paint-finished element has a housing and core made of light allow with steel brackets, up to size 45. Handles temperatures from -40 to 80 degrees Celsius. The mount’s mechanically secured principle makes tearing off impossible.
- Type N. An anti-vibration mount equipped with swivel articulation to make up for uneven ground. Relevant applications include air-conditioning plans, woodworking equipment, pumps, tanks, containers, transport systems, tooling machines, assembly-line equipment, and any other machinery that required levelling.
- Type NE. Also known as Isocol, this is an efficient, self-adhesive isolation plate that resists oil and chemicals. Built with three layers, this mount is fixed onto a floor or machine frames when the protective foil on both sides is removed. The adhesive quality can be increased by wetting the plate with a nitro thinner.
- Type Nox. A food-safe, antibacterial, and corrosion-resistant variation of Type N.
- Type V. A multi-directional damper with a light alloy core, steel brackets, and steel alloy housing. Like Type ESL, it withstands temperatures from -40 to 80 degrees Celsius and has a mechanically secured principle.
For more information, contact Rosta Inc.