Rosta has lineup of tensioner devicesJune 3, 2015 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
The concept and production of machine components for the maintenance-free tensioning of belts and chain drives is a core competence of Rosta. The company’s simple, maintenance-free and automatic re-tensioning machine components are in demand worldwide, but more than 50 years ago, this product came to be because a foreman was frustrated.
It all started in 1961, when a foreman at Rosta AG became annoyed about the tedious and recurring re-tensioning of the belt on a large ventilator. He came up with the idea of sawing an old Rosta rubber suspension axle in two, and fitted a tension roller onto the lever arm. That’s when the company’s automatic belt tensioner was born.
Today, Rosta offers maintenance-free tensioner systems for a variety of applications — whether for the initial tensioning of large belt drives with its self-adjusting motor base suspensions, or for efficient secondary tensioning by means of easy-to-install chain and belt tensioners. Several hundred thousands of these blue tensioning elements are manufactured at Rosta AG and by two licensees every year.
The tensioning systems are easy to install and are available in seven sizes.
- SE is the standard component, and can operate in temperatures from -40 to 80 degrees C.
- SE-G is oil resistant and can operate in temperatures from – 30 to 90 degrees C.
- SE-W is heat resistant, has a tension force 40 per cent less than SE, and can operate in temperatures from 80 to 120 degrees C.
- SE-R has a reinforced lever arm especially welded for use on combustion engines and compressors. It can operate in temperatures from -40 to 80 degrees C.
- SE-I is a stainless steel model designed for use in the food and pharmaceutical industries. It can operate in temperatures from -40 to 80 degrees C.
- SE-F is a front-mounting device for installations on blind-hole frames. It can operate in temperatures from -40 to 80 degrees C.
- SE-B is the Boomerang model, designed for the tensioning of very long chain and belt drives. It can operate in temperatures from -40 to 80 degrees C.
For more information on maintenance-free tensioner systems, contact Rosta.