Reliable, oil-free air compressors offer many advantages to the chemical sectorJune 19, 2017 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
In the chemical industry, maintaining product purity is a must. In many applications, compressed air comes into contact with the process it serves, so the quality of that air is also critical. Contaminants, such as oil, in the compressed air supply can result in costly product spoilage and loss of valuable production. CompAir can help. It offers a range of oil-free machines designed to ensure an efficient and reliable supply of high-quality air to chemical companies.
The need for oil-free machines
Compressed air has many applications in the chemical sector. For example, it is often used in direct contact with product during cleaning, aeration and product moving applications. It is also used control many pieces of equipment in the chemical manufacturing process, and in product drying applications to help accelerate the drying process. Other applications include material handling, where air-operated fluid pumping systems are used in volatile environments without the risk of explosion. They are also used in air curtains, to create a safe and clean area, and for nitrogen generation.
CompAir offers a wide range of oil-free compressor technologies.
- The Ultima silicone- and oil-free PureAir compressor utilizes a low- and high-pressure dry screw airend individually driven by a variable-speed, permanent magnet synchronous motor. This design offers exceptional levels of efficiency over traditional oil-free technology. An added bonus: it is 37 per cent smaller than a conventional two-stage oil-free compressor.
- The DH-Series is an oil- and silicone-free water-injected rotary screw compressor designed to achieve lower speeds and operating temperatures. This results in high efficiency and reduced component wear. The unit uses a single-stage, direct-driven motor without gears or belts to maximize efficiency.
- The S-Series compressor features a compact, oil-free design, high reliability, continuous operation, energy efficiency, low vibration and sound levels, and low maintenance due to less moving parts.
- The D-Series features a range of high-efficiency, oil-free two-stage screw compressors, which cover a wide flow range from 8.9 to 51.8 m3/min.
- R-Series high-output two-stage piston compressors feature a high-quality, robust construction, excellent efficiency with potential energy savings up to 20 per cent, high reliability, easy maintenance and electronic control.
To learn more, contact CompAir.