Reflectometer reliably locates faults on metallic cablesFebruary 20, 2015 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Megger offers cable fault location systems that are fast, efficient, accurate and safe, enabling users to trace the path of the cable, pinpoint the exact location of the fault and quickly identify the specific cable. The equipment is designed to help reduce system outages and downtime.
“We have over 100 years [of] experience in the industry and are known for the quality and reliability of our equipment,” the company says.
Among its lineup of reliable systems is the Megger CFL535G, a state-of-the-art, dual-channel, high resolution, compact time domain reflectometer designed for locating faults on metallic cables.
- A minimum resolution of 0.3 ft /0.1 m and a 60 kft/20 km maximum range, depending on velocity factor selected and cable type;
- A comprehensive dual-channel capability with dual aspect display;
- Auto setup for instant use;
- Ultra fast pulse for near-end fault identification;
- One button press expert guidance to potential fault; and
- A toughened and fully bonded LCD screen viewable in all light conditions.
Five output impedances are available (25, 50, 75, 100, 125 ohms), as well as an auto impedance matching feature. The velocity factor can be set between 0.2 and 0.99 to meet any cable test requirements.
For more information, contact Megger.