Five reasons to select Lapp’s Skintop brand cable glandsJanuary 28, 2016 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Skintop strain relief cable glands, from Lapp, are designed for performance — even in the most challenging environments and applications. The cable glands offer a large number of design and performance advantages over competing brands. The result is a reliable solution that ensures uptime and increased productivity, saving users both time and money.
The Skintop advantage
Skintop products offer anti-vibration protection, better sealing, gripping and clamping, and maximum protection from dirt, oils and water. Their many benefits include:
- Anti-vibration: Skintop features an integrated locking mechanism with an internal ratchet inside the sealing portion of the cord grip. This provides a self-locking and vibration-proof element that prevents the cap from loosening when exposed to even the most severe vibration.
- Temperature resistance: Skintop cable glands can perform in temperatures from -70 degrees C, up to 100 degrees C.
- Strong seal: The cable glands offer a complete liquid-tight seal thanks to their uniquely designed moulded sealing ring, flange nut, neoprene bushing and domed sealing cap.
- Design: Thanks to the use of advanced design engineering, Lapp is able to offer cable glands consisting of three parts that do not require dismantling before use. The internal ratchet mechanism allows the cap to be tightened without twisting the cord during compression. When the cap is tightened, the lamellar fingers are pushed together to form a liquid-tight seal with the neoprene compression bushing.
- Easy installation: Installation is quick and simple. With just one twist of the multi-trapezoidal thread, the dome cap is tightened, automatically adjusting to the size of the cable and providing optimum strain relief and a liquid-tight seal.
Lapp’s Skintop glands are used in a wide range of manufacturing and industrial applications, offering long lasting performance and durability.
To learn more about the company’s lineup of Skintop strain relief cable glands, contact Lapp Canada.