Five reasons to get pumped about York Fluid Controls’ lineup of gear pumpsJanuary 7, 2015 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Gear pumps, which use the meshing of gears to pump fluid by displacement, are one of the most common types of pumps for hydraulic fluid power applications. They are positive displacement rotary pumps used to transport high-pressure and high-volume flows.
York Fluid Controls offers a lineup of gear pumps, including the Gorman-Rupp G Series line of positive displacement rotary gear pumps. Available in medium-duty, heavy-duty and extreme-duty models, in cast iron, cast steel and stainless steel, G Series Rotary Gear Pumps are versatile enough to handle virtually any pumping application and liquid type. They come in a variety of drive arrangements, including close-coupled, flex-coupled, gear reducer and v-belt drive.
The pumps are designed with numerous features the company says you won’t find on any other gear pumps, allowing them to outlast and outperform the competition. The top five features are below:
1. Optimum bushing location: Patented, replaceable rotor skirt bushing provides high-pressure operation while reducing overhung loads. On both packed box and mechanical seal heavy-duty models, the throttle bushing located directly behind the rotor provides additional shaft support and seal cavity throttling.
2. High-strength computer-designed gear teeth: A computer-designed gear teeth profile provides quiet, smooth pumping flow. Standard high-strength gear material eliminates the need for special steel fitting.
3. Unique idler pin lubrication system: A unique internal pressure lubricated idler pin reduces wear by continuously cooling and lubricating the idler pin and bushing.
4. Internal seal vent: Seal cavity venting provides continuous flow of liquid through seal cavity, ensuring cooling. It maintains seal cavity at a low pressure, reducing seal face load and increasing seal life.
5. Deep end feed area: Deep end feed area offers improved performance under low inlet pressure conditions and/or high-viscosity liquids.
For more information on G Series Rotary Gear Pumps and the design features that make them longer lasting, easy to service and fully adaptable, contact York Fluid Controls.