Protect fittings from damage with friction fit plugs from MOCAPMarch 13, 2018 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Friction fit plugs are just one of many types of rubber, plastic, and vinyl protective items that MOCAP manufactures for industrial use. These plugs are specially designed to protect fittings and threads from moisture, contamination, and other kinds of damage during production, shipping, or storage applications.
MOCAP’s friction fit plugs are available in a range of designs, sizes, and colours to suit the needs of different tasks.
Seven styles of plugs
Seven different types of friction fit plugs are available, as follows:
- Sheet metal hole plugs. These polyethylene (LDPE) plugs have three different designs – flush plugs for standard holes, flush plugs for metric holes, or recessed plugs for standard holes. Ideal for capping plug holes on appliances, cars, tanks, and cabinets.
- Tube plugs. The multiple horizontal ribs on these plastic plugs make them easy to install and to fit securely on multiple tube gauges with their built-in flexibility. Tube plugs are built to fit standard and metric sizes of round, square, or rectangular tubes. Recommended for furniture, tubular racks, appliances, or exercise equipment.
- General-purpose plugs for Type L and M tubing. Built for applications in which the outside diameter of the tubing must be greater than that of the plug. Typically used in pressure and water-supply applications.
- Tapered plugs for Type L and M tubing. Plugs and protects copper tubing, with a reinforced cross bracing for a secure fit and a slight pull-tab that enables easy removal. Thirteen different sizes available, all ready for immediate shipment.
- Tapered plugs for Type K tubing. Similar to the previous tapered plugs, but for Type K tubes. Eleven sizes.
- Barrel plugs with flange. These general-purpose plugs have a great flexibility that enables them to fit a wide range of threaded and non-threaded sizes and styles of tubing. Easily removable and applicable, with a convex body to hold them in place.
- Flexible vinyl insertion plugs. Versatile plugs for pipes, holes, masking, or as a cheaper alternative to rubber plugs. Recommended for protecting valves, pumps, cylinders, or tubing in assembly, shipping, or masking.
To learn more, contact MOCAP.