Denso North America makes a variety of Primers to work with their tape systemsApril 4, 2019 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Businesses and municipal organizations across Canada rely on Denso North America for top anti-corrosion and sealing solutions used on pipelines and other infrastructure projects. Denso North America’s diverse lineup of tape systems are popular and effective products designed to work in conjunction with the companies’ specific primers and pastes to ensure long-term corrosion protection.
Applied by hand or brush
Denso Paste primers contain moisture-displacing, corrosion-inhibiting compounds for first-rate protection that is easily applied by hand or brush. Denso Bitumen and Butyl based primers offer excellent adhesive qualities and are typically brush-applied.
The lineup of products available in Canada includes the following:
- Denso Paste. This petrolatum-based primer is used primarily before the application of most Denso Petrolatum tapes; it also works well as a temporary coating for exposed metal. Denso Paste penetrates existing rust, displaces moisture, pacifies surfaces, and helps the adhesion of petrolatum tape and mastics.
- Denso Paste S105. A wet/underwater petrolatum-based primer recommended for damp or sweating metal surfaces prior to applying a variety of Denso Petrolatum tapes.
- Denso Paste HT. This is a soft, light brown petrolatum-based primer, containing compounds with superior high-temperature performance for up to 190 degrees Celsius used primarily with Denso Hotline Tape.
- Denso Hi-Tack Primer. Typically used for structural steel members in applications that require adhesive qualities and used prior to the application of Denso Hi-Tack Tape.
- Denso Primer D. A quick-drying, bitumen-based primer for metal surfaces used prior to the application of Denso bitumen tapes. With high adhesion, Denso Primer D fills surface irregularities for intimate contact of tape compound.
- Denso Butyl Spray Adhesive. This is a fast-drying, solvent-based, high-tack primer designed specifically for maximum adhesion. Applied by spray, these butyl-based primers work well on all surfaces before application of various Denso Butyl tapes. It fills surface irregularities for intimate contact of tape compound with immediate tack and good penetration characteristics.
To learn more, contact Denso.