Precision turbine flow meters from Cox have expanded mechanical linearityFebruary 6, 2018 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Cox Instruments is one of the many manufacturers whose top-grade products are available in Canada through Durham Instruments, one of the country’s leading distributors of measuring tools. Just one of Cox’s fine products is its precision turbine flow meter, a perfect solution for standard and high-pressure liquid-flow applications in test and measurement and precision industrial processes.
Many fittings, sizes, and options
What makes the Cox precision turbine flow meter stand out among other similar instruments is its unprecedented mechanical linearity. This linearity increases the usable flow range with reduced sensitivity to fluid temperature and viscosity influence on the output. This meter also comes with a range of process fittings, sizes, and options to adapt to the needs of different tasks while offering a wide flow spectrum.
How does the meter work? As liquid passes through the meter, its velocity provides rotational energy on the rotor. The rotor blades pass through a magnetic or radio frequency field and create pulses in proportion to the fluid flow. These pulses are then transmitted to the meter electronics, and the pulse output is amplified.
Other unique benefits of the Cox precision turbine flow meter include the following:
- Helical rotor design, which provides exceptional response speed with decreased pressure drop;
- Comprehensive pick-off selection, which meets all the application requirements for temperature and electronic outputs;
- High-performance ceramic ball bearings, which eliminate adhesive wear and function well in non-lubricating fluids in water or cryogenic liquids;
- Rotor supports with six blades, which improve flow conditioning;
- Facility with NIST traceable standards, with calibration uncertainty ensured by third-party audits; and
- A wide range of end fittings, including AN, NPT, hose-barb, flange, high-pressure, tri-clamp, and other fittings designed for different installation configurations.
Cox precision turbine flow meters are recommended for liquid-flow applications in several industries, including manufacturing, automation and controls, power generation, and research and development.
About the companies
Based in Scottsdale, AZ, Cox Instruments, a division of Badger Meter, manufactures flow-measurement solutions for industrial use.
Durham Instruments is a distributor of quantitative measuring instruments, based in Pickering, Ont.
To learn more, contact Durham Instruments.