Portable plasma cutters enable reliable cutting anywhereApril 28, 2017 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Tomahawk plasma cutters from Lincoln Electric are portable units that are compact enough to enable fast and precise cutting at any jobsite. The company’s 375 and 625 plasma cutters are portable, reliable and safe to use thanks to their many best-in-class features.
Plasma cutter features
The Tomahawk 375 Air plasma cutting system and the Tomahawk 625 plasma cutting system provide many of the same advantages. They both offer ease of use, enabling customers to cut mild steel, stainless steel, aluminum, brass and copper within seconds of the unit’s arrival by simply hooking it up to a shop’s external air. They also feature:
- Continuous output control for different material thicknesses;
- A Touch Start System, which enables reliable plasma arc initiation without high frequency;
- An electrode and nozzle design that allows cool operation, which prolongs consumable life and saves the user money;
- Front Panel Purge Control, which makes it easy to set the air flow rate without initiating the plasma arc; and
- The Parts-in-Place system, which detects correct installation of consumables and torch.
In addition, both units can be powered in remote locations using one of Lincoln Electric’s Ranger or Vantage engine drives.
The main difference between the two systems is that the 375 Air plasma cutter has an internal air compressor, which enables it to be used in environments where external compressed air is not available.
To learn more, contact Lincoln Electric.