Pipeline liquid coatings offer high quality and fast cureJune 1, 2015 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Denso North America has offices throughout the U.S. and Canada so that its customers have easy access to its anti-corrosion and sealing products, as well as its team of qualified professionals who provide technical support and on-site guidance.
Among these high-quality products, the company’s Protal line of protective pipeline coatings includes a full range of fast cure epoxies for a variety of above and below ground corrosion protection applications. Denso’s Protal liquid coatings can easily be applied in high and low temperature environments, while its anti-corrosion coatings are also great for protecting girth welds, tie-ins, cadwells, fittings, fabrications, repairs to FBE and rehabilitation to existing pipelines. The coatings, which can be applied by hand or by spray, are high build — up to 50 ml in one coat.
There is a long list of products that fall under the Protal umbrella, including:
- Protal 7200 is a fast cure, one coat epoxy coating that can be hand or spray applied to girth welds, tie-ins, fittings and rehabilitation of existing pipelines. This product exhibits excellent cathodic disbondment properties at 80 degrees C, with seven-mm disbondment.
- Protal 7250 is a fast cure, one coat epoxy coating that can only be spray applied to girth welds, tie-ins, fittings and rehabilitation of existing pipelines. Used in Canada only, the 7250 exhibits excellent cathodic disbondment properties at 80 degrees C, with seven-mm disbondment. It is the spray grade version of Protal 7200.
- Protal 7000 is a fast cure, one coat epoxy coating that can be hand applied to girth welds, tie-ins, fittings and rehabilitation of existing pipelines. Protal 7000 has an airless spray version, which is a solvent-free two-pack high build, high performance epoxy coating applied with conventional airless spray equipment.
- Protal 7125 is a low temperature coating that can cure at -20 degrees C. The coating can be backfilled in 30 minutes at 10 degrees C. It is used for girth welds, tie-ins, rehabilitation, repairs to FBE and sacrificial coating to FBE.
- Protal 7900HT is a high build epoxy coating that can be hand applied to girth welds, tie-ins, fittings and rehabilitation of existing pipelines. It has a maximum operating temperature up to 150 degrees C.
- Protal 7300 is a VOC-free, 100 per cent solids epoxy coating specially formulated to coat dry, damp or wet surfaces.
To learn more about the full range of Protal protective pipeline coatings, contact Denso North America.