Ohio Broach’s vertical surface machines offer five-ton capacity, various strokesDecember 3, 2019 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Manufacturers across the continent turn to The Ohio Broach & Machine Company for the best broaching services available. In addition to state-of-the-art broaching, the company also designs, builds, and sells many models of broaching machinery for different applications – including a line of heavy-duty vertical surface machines. All constructed at the company’s Willoughby, OH facility, these unique broaching machines each have a five-ton capacity and strokes that go from 24 to 54 inches.
These vertical broaching machines are available in machine-tool grey or vista green as standard colours, but other colours are possible depending on customer request. Each has a standard voltage of 480/460, three phase, 60 Hertz, and alternative voltages are available too.
Ohio Broach has imbued the following advantages into its vertical surface machines:
- Hardened and ground steel ways – The company uses high carbon steel to construct the machine ways for these vertical surface machines. First, the Ohio Broach team hardens and tempers the steel. Next, the steel is ground according to closely controlled tolerances, which ensures long service life and durability.
- Precision ram slide – Ohio Broach produces ram slides from close-grain, high-tensile, cast iron material. The surfaces are scraped by hand to achieve a precise fit and then flaked for the highest lubrication penetration.
- Machine frame – Ram-slide and table sub-assemblies are mounted on a rigid base weldment, of which the lower part operates as a coolant reservoir for the machine. This enables a compact design that uses up a minimal amount of floor space.
- Hydraulics – These broaching machines use high-performance, fixed-displacement, vane pumps in tandem with other valves and controls, and this forms the basis of the standard machine drive system. This system model has reliable open-loop design, with the pumps and valves mounted on a self-contained hydraulic reservoir.
- Lubrication system – Each of Ohio Broach’s heavy-duty broaching machines use pressurized, individual point lubrication, without any “tree-type” lube circuits. Standard system features include low-reservoir-level indication, anti-start interlocking when the machine is in automatic control mode, and high-pressure indication for detecting impaired normal flow conditions.
To learn more, contact Ohio Broach.