Ohio Broach manufactures six main types of broaching machinesJanuary 16, 2018 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Over the past half-century, The Ohio Broach & Machine Company has become renowned for its line of broaching machines. Although the company also offers its own broaching, tool-sharpening, and machine-repair services, it also designs, builds, and markets machines that enable manufacturers and other users to conduct their own broaching applications.
Horizontal and vertical
Ohio Broach manufactures six categories of machines, as follows:
- Horizontal Internal Broaching Machine. HC models of this machine include close-grained, high-tensile, one-piece cast-iron guide heads, while the HF models use continuously welded and thermally stressed relieved fabricated-steel guide heads. The machine pull heads on both versions have precision ground wear pads that are easy to replace, as well as rapid return to the starting position.
- Dual Ram Vertical Broaching Machine. Features on the Dual Ram machine include: high carbon steel ways, hardened and ground for longer life; precision ram slides made of high-tensile cast iron; lubrication systems with low reservoir level indication, anti-start interlocking, and high-pressure indication for impaired normal flow; and a high-performance, fixed-displacement vane pump.
- Heavy Duty Vertical Surface Broaching Machine. Similar features to those of the Dual Ram, except that the vane pump on the Dual Ram is used in conjunction with higher-performance valves and controls to form the basis of the standard machine drive system.
- RP/224 Vertical Surface Broaching Machine. Designed for flats, slots, surface contours, and other secondary operations, this vertical broaching machine takes up minimal floor space with its compact design. Features include solid-state programmable controls, a durable cast-iron guide block, a point pressurized lubrication system, and high-performance pumps, valves, and controls. Users do not need a pit or platform.
- Table-Up Broaching Machine. This machine has a table-up feature that enables users to load parts at operator or floor level, eliminating the need for a pit or platform. In addition to broaching, this design can be used for secondary operations.
- CNC Shaper Machine. Ohio Broach’s newest innovation allows users to remove material from parts to create different forms. Recommended for lots that are small to medium-sized for just-in-time requirements.
For more information, contact Ohio Broach.