New mechanically cleaned filter handles highly viscous liquidsOctober 13, 2015 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Product loss is a huge concern when it comes to filtering highly viscous, abrasive or sticky liquids — but it doesn’t have to be. Power management company Eaton has developed a solution. Its new mechanically cleaned filter, the DCF-3000, provides a cost-effective filtration solution capable of processing highly viscous liquids in challenging conditions. The filter’s superior performance reduces product loss and provides a more thorough contaminant purge in a highly concentrated waste stream.
Best-in-class features and benefits
The DCF-3000 filter has many features and benefits that make it a top choice for demanding applications that require the filtration of thick liquids like ethanol, machining coolants, detergents, adhesives, ink, chocolate and more. These include:
- The filter does not require disposable filter bags and cartridges, which reduces operator handling, inventory costs and landfill waste. In return, this improves safety by reducing or eliminating operator intervention, and maximizes uptime by limiting the need for maintenance.
- It has stainless steel screens from 15 micron slots to ¼-inch perforations to handle a wide range of filtration needs.
- The dual cleaning disc and twin actuator design allows the filter to be fabricated in a variety of materials and options.
- It can operate in temperatures up to 204 degrees C (400 degrees F).
- It is best suited for use with highly viscous, abrasive or sticky liquids with flow rates of up to 500 gpm. However, it can also handle water-like liquids with flow rates up to 1,500 gpm.
- The filter has a compact design, allowing it to fit most installations.
“Without a specialized system, companies running applications that require filtration of highly viscous liquids like detergents, ink and oil encounter unique challenges,” says Mary Jo Surges, vice-president and general manager of Eaton’s filtration business. “Our DCF-3000 filter solution increases productivity, reduces product loss and operates in a variety of harsh environments.”
Distributed in Canada
Eaton’s DCF-3000 mechanically cleaned filter, and many of the company’s other filtration products, are available in Canada through John Brooks Company Limited, a full-service national supplier of pumps, spray nozzles, filtration equipment and engineered systems. The company has been solving fluid handling challenges for its customers for more than 75 years.
To learn more, contact John Brooks Company Limited.