New edition of natural gas and propane installation code now availableAugust 6, 2015 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
The 2015 edition of CSA B149.1 – Natural gas and propane installation code is now available. An important resource for gas and propane industry workers across Canada, the new edition reflects the latest safety requirements and cutting-edge advances in industry technologies.
Key changes to the standard’s scope and definitions, along with clauses consolidated from other standards, make the latest edition of CSA B149.1 the most comprehensive one yet. The code has been reviewed by regulatory authorities across Canada, and is expected to be adopted into law in every Canadian province and territory.
CSA B149.1 applies to the installation of:
- appliances, equipment, components and accessories where gas is to be used for fuel purposes;
- piping and tubing systems extending from the termination of the utility installation or from the distributor's propane tank;
- vehicle refuelling appliances and associated equipment meeting the requirements of a general purpose appliance to fill a natural-gas-fuelled vehicle; and
- stationary gas engines and turbines.
Key updates to the 2015 edition include:
- Updated scope provides guidance on metallic fittings, stainless steel tubing, pressure regulators for propane vehicle usage, direct gas-fired process air heaters and more;
- Consolidated clauses from other codes in the B149 Series make the code more comprehensive and streamlined; and
- Simplified references and definitions allow for improved applications in the codes’ clauses.
CSA B149.1 is now available in hard copy and PDF formats. For the first time ever, a new interactive format accessible on most iOS and Android tablets and mobile devices will be available later this August. CSA B149.1 is also available as part of the B149 package, which also includes the latest edition of CSA B149.2 – Propane Storage and Handling Code.
To learn more about CSA B149.1, contact CSA Group.