New five-axis workholding solutions maximize machining operationsOctober 13, 2015 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Jergens has introduced new multi-axis workholding solutions — products designed to help its customers achieve manufacturing efficiency and, as a result, successful operations.
The company’s new five-axis workholding Fixture-Pro solutions are designed to maximize five-axis machining. The new products include:
- A variety of five-axis vises designed to eliminate the need for custom fixtures. They are available in 60-, 75- and 130-mm self-centring models, as well as dovetail models;
- Five-axis Drop&Lock Pallet Changers, which serve the same purpose as a fixture plate, without having to be locked down with four set screws. Instead, they are installed with pull studs;
- Universal Fixture-Pro Rotary Adapters, which add quick change options to the rotary indexer;
- Five-axis subplates, which are used as a machine or rotary table adapter;
- Five-axis risers, which raise, position and locate the part off the machine or rotary table, making it accessible for machining all five sides;
- Five-axis top plates, which enable additional flexibility for quick change over of parts and top tooling options;
- Five-axis vise adapters, which convert the Jergens five-axis vise into a QLS grid for precision mounting of any Fixture-Pro modular system part;
- Five-axis machinable blanks, which allow the workhold to be machined directly into these blanks;
- Five-axis blank fixture plates used to mount fixtures that already have mounting holes and do not match with the QLS grid;
- Five-axis ER collet fixtures; and
- Multiple mounting accessories.
These high-quality Jergens products are available in Canada from Gould Fasteners, a supplier of electronic, military and industrial hardware. Gould Fasteners values quality and reliability, and only works with manufacturers with those same values — companies like Jergens. Gould Fasteners is so confident in the company’s offerings, that it carries all of Jergens’ innovative workholding and lifting solutions, as well as its specialty fasteners.
To learn more, contact Gould Fasteners.