Multiple assurance processes required to achieve top qualityMay 20, 2016 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
L. & M. Precision Products Inc. has developed a culture of high-quality standards to ensure that the parts produced exceed customer requirements. Everything starts with dedicated employees and is supported with equipment and processes that work seamlessly towards a common goal: customer satisfaction. The quality assurance department has a dedicated and qualified staff that work with automated sorting machines and measuring instrumentation that will certify product prior to shipping. L. & M. stands behind its quality with confidence.
Quality assurance processes
To ensure top quality in everything the company does, L. & M. follows a number of automated and manual processes.
- L. & M. is ISO 9001 registered since 1997.
- It applies statistical process control (SPC) methods to provide Level 3 PPAP (Production Part Approval Process). This means that it provides a part submission warrant with product samples and complete supporting data to the customer.
- L. & M. employs advanced product quality planning (APQP), a structured method of defining the steps required to ensure product quality meets the customer’s expectations.
- The company also applies failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA), an approach for identifying all potential failures in a design, process, product or service, to ensure top quality.
- It has a Process Control Plan in place, which outlines the necessary steps to take when performance measures don’t fall within the desired range. The purpose is to keep the process at its current level and prevent it from deteriorating.
- The company also employs gauge repeatability and reproducibility to help determine the accuracy of a measurement.
The Quality Assurance team regularly calibrates its measurement instruments to ensure products are correctly sampled for quality purposes. In addition, the team provides regular sampling before and during product runs to ensure specifications are met. Combined, these strategies and techniques ensure that the end product shipped to the customer is of exceptional quality.
To learn more, contact L. & M. Precision Products Inc.