Megadyne-Jason offers valuable belt solutions for the packaging sectorNovember 25, 2019 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Founded in 1957, Megadyne-Jason has established itself as a major source of industrial belts for a broad range of industries. A key area that the company serves is packaging. From timing belts to conveyor belts, Megadyne-Jason offers innovative belt solutions for packaging equipment, from the first phase to the last.
With decades’ worth of experience in this field, Megadyne-Jason has mastered many types of packaging belts for many specific user needs.
Standard and custom-made belts
Megadyne-Jason carries an impressive portfolio of synchronous and non-synchronous belts – including special cover materials, cleated belts, machined modifications, and other fabrication types – to provide solutions for numerous packaging applications. Examples include carton forming, box erecting, and box closing, plus filling, blow-moulding machines, capping lines, cartooning lines, check weighing, feed lines, filling lines, wrapping and sealing, labeling, and form, fill, and seal.
Packaging relies highly on timing, positioning, accuracy, product handling, flexibility, and efficiency. Megadyne-Jason knows this, and it designs belts that enhance packaging equipment from the front to the end of the line, including standard and custom-made belts. The primary categories are special and fabricated belts, timing belts, V-belts, multi-rib belts, and conveyor belts.
These belts benefit the following types of packaging areas:
- Converting and die-cutting equipment. Homogenous, high-friction, long-life moulded cover surfaces for both rubber and polyurethane synchronous and non-synchronous substrates.
- Capping. Feed belts and conveyor belts with the appropriate level of friction and cushioning to move, hold, and cap bottles.
- Filling lines. Megalinear and Megaflex belts for bi-directional dispensing head positioning, resulting in exact, smooth movement at high speeds.
- Vertical form fill and seal. Synchronous or non-synchronous substrates with moulded covers, offering appropriate friction and wear resistance.
- Wrapping/sealing. In-feed belts, often with high-temperature resistance and/or high friction.
- Case erecting and case/tray packaging. Belts with high friction, non-slip covers, or cleats for sortation and accurate product placement.
- Box-filling and -closing equipment. Belts designed to guide and support boxes through sealing, labeling, and weighing.
- Palletizing and warehousing. Conveyor belts, synchronous parallel path timing belts, and other options for stacking and wrapping products.
To learn more, contact Megadyne-Jason.