Measurement made easy with new generation of softwareAugust 2, 2016 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
HBM’s new generation of data acquisition and analysis software, catmanAP, combines highly efficient modules to make many different measurement tasks simple to perform. Whether the application calls for component testing, R&D or mobile data acquisition, this powerful software package offers flexibility, high performance and reliability.
The software features five modules, each an expert in a specific field of application.
- Analysis: The EasyMath module evaluates the data using many different mathematical analyses. The results can be printed out, visualized and exported easily.
- Measurement: The AutoSequence module automates repetitive measurement or analysis steps by simply putting functional blocks into sequence.
- Scripting: The EasyScript module allows users to create their own scripts for individual measurement tasks. For example, it enables users to develop specific measurement or analysis steps and integrate them into the software.
- Recording: The EasyLog add-on module autonomously records measurement data on a PC card or hard disk when used with amplifiers.
- Plans: The EasyPlan module enables users to easily configure the amplifier offline, in advance, without connecting to a PC.
The newest version of the software, catmanAP 3.3, adds increased functionality and usability. New features include real-time rainflow counting, more graph types, sensor calibration tests, the ability to control video recordings in parallel with measurement, and support of IGeL measuring wheels in mobile road tests. In addition, version 3.3 supports HBM's latest amplifier systems, including QuantumX and espressoDAQ.
To complement these new features, the latest version includes many of the same advanced features of previous models. These include amplifier setup through TEDS or the sensor database, a wide selection of graphical display options, as well as export options, virtual channels for real-time computations, event monitoring, graphical data analysis and logging, and video analysis.
A reliable solution
Whether the measurement task is simple or demanding, catmanAP offers a safe and reliable solution. It is available in Canada from Durham Instruments, a leading Canadian distributor of measurement instrumentation. To learn more, contact Durham Instruments.