Loctite Structural Adhesives – Tough, Durable, and VersatileFebruary 8, 2018 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Henkel Adhesives is trusted by industrial clients for its range of adhesive products for diverse applications. Among the high-quality products that the company offers is structural adhesives, available under the Loctite and Teroson brand.
Good for many different applications
Loctite and Teroson structural adhesives are engineered to meet the requirements of industrial bonding, sealing, and assembly tasks in manufacturing. They provide tough, durable bonds that are twice as strong as bolts and last longer than traditional joining methods. Among the applications in which structural adhesives work best:
- Multiple-surface bonding. Loctite and Teroson adhesives offer top strength when bonding different materials and surface types.
- Plastic and composite bonding. These structural adhesives have the strongest, longest-lasting bond strength on these materials – even on polyolefin.
- Metal bonding. Henkel’s brands of adhesives have been optimized for today’s metal-fabricating needs, which include high strength, lighter weight, and lower costs.
- Joint sealing. Protect against corrosion and prevent the penetration of condensation water, minimizing loss of pressure or liquid.
- Magnet bonding. The quickest and most durable bonds on ferrite, alnico, and neodymium iron boron permanent magnets.
- Noise, vibration, and harshness. For applications involving specialty vehicles and appliances, Loctite and Teroson adhesives are built to reduce noise and vibration levels.
- Potting and encapsulating. Mechanical reinforcement for housed assembly protects components from chemicals, moisture, shock, and vibration while filling large voids.
Structural adhesives provide notable benefits over traditional joining methods like nails, screws, or welds. For one, they enable architects, engineers, and constructors to join dissimilar materials reliably, with stress evenly distributed. Structural adhesives are stronger and more durable, and they bond easily to a variety of surfaces as they contribute to the finish of structures, with better aesthetics. They cost a lot less than other fastening methods, and the quick processing speeds result in lower labour costs too.
Loctite and Teroson structural adhesives are sold in user-friendly packaging that allows for handheld, manual, or semi-automated application. This includes cartridges, dual cartridges, syringes, and soft-squeeze bottles. Larger packages for high-volume operations (five or 55 gallons) are also available.
For more information, contact Henkel.