LOCTITE structural adhesives by Henkel are tough, durable, and versatileOctober 7, 2019 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Henkel Canada Corporation is the name that businesses turn to for the best variety of industrial adhesives for diverse applications – especially those under the LOCTITE and Teroson brands. A key example is Henkel’s Teroson and LOCTITE structural adhesives. These products have been engineered to meet the requirements of tough bonding, sealing, and assembly applications in manufacturing. They result in strong, durable bonds that are twice as strong as bolts and outlast traditional joining methods.
Reliably joining dissimilar materials
Teroson and LOCTITE structural adhesives are recommended for the following common applications:
- Joint sealing. Protection against corrosion with prevention of the penetration of condensation water, which minimizes loss of pressure or liquid.
- Magnet bonding. These are the fastest, most durable bonds on ferrite, alnico, and neodymium iron boron permanent magnets.
- Metal bonding. Henkel has optimized Teroson and LOCTITE structural adhesives for today’s metal-fabricating needs, like high strength, light weight, and lower costs.
- Multiple-surface bonding. These structural adhesives provide top strength when they bond different surface types or materials.
- Noise, vibration, and harshness. LOCTITE and Teroson structural adhesives are constructed to reduce noise and vibration levels with specialty vehicles and appliances.
- Plastic and composite bonding. The strongest, longest-lasting bond strength on these materials, even on polyolefin.
- Potting and encapsulating. Mechanical reinforcement for housed assembly protects components from chemicals, moisture, shock, and vibration as they fill large voids.
These adhesives give users significant benefits over such traditional joining methods as nails, screws, or welds. First, they let architects, engineers, and constructors join dissimilar materials reliable, with stress evenly distributed. Structural adhesives are stronger and more durable, and they bond easily to many types of surfaces as they contribute to the finishes of structures, with better aesthetics. They are also less expensive than other fastening methods, and the fast processing speed reduces labour costs as well.
The user-friendly packaging for LOCTITE and Teroson structural adhesives enables handheld, manual, or semi-automated application. This includes cartridges, dual cartridges, syringes, and soft-squeeze bottles. Larger packages for high-volume operations (five or 55 gallons) are available as well.
For more information, contact Henkel.