Liquiphant from Endress+Hauser has been upgraded for Industry 4.0October 10, 2019 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Endress+Hauser Canada Ltd. carries an impressive selection of measurement solutions, including the popular Liquiphant series of vibronic point level detectors, among the most reliable devices of their kind for three decades. Now, this point level detector has been upgraded to meet the challenges of Industry 4.0.
The new Liquiphant FTL51 detector is the latest generation of this instrument, an improvement on what was already one of the most reliable detectors for industrial plants.
Adapting to digital change
This point level detector is typically used in storage tanks and pipelines for level measurement of any liquids. It performs many tasks in process automation, as overfill or dry-run protection. But Endress+Hauser knew it was time to equip the Liquiphant for the future of test and measurement by adapting it to digital change. Companies that prepare for the digital age will optimize their field levels and information technology, which requires sensors that provide relevant data to initiate process optimization.
Users get the following benefits from the Liquiphant FTL51:
- simple commissioning without adjustment for various media;
- universal measuring principle for all kinds of fluids;
- Heartbeat Technology, which provides real-time diagnosis of corrosion and verification without process interruption;
- proof test at the push of a button from the control room or directly at the device;
- safety by design, having been developed according to IEC 61508 for direct use in SIL2 and SIL3 applications in homogeneous redundancy;
- Bluetooth technology for checking the status and reading documents, accessible with a mobile device; and
- minimal maintenance.
The SmartBlue app from Endress+Hauser gives users a way to communicate with the new Liquiphant, with access to all product and diagnostic data; available information includes product manuals and certificates, preventive maintenance, and process optimization. The app includes Heartbeat Technology, which allows the point level detector to display the status of the level switch, while also enabling complete documentation.
All of these digital innovations serve to simplify use of this instrument. The Liquiphant FTL51 takes this model of detector to a whole new level in terms of simplicity and safety.
For more information, contact Endress+Hauser.