Line of outerwraps designed to protect pipesJune 10, 2015 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
When it comes to pipe protection, Denso North America has it covered. Literally. The company offers an array of protective outerwraps — from fibreglass spacers to protective pipeline mesh Rock Shield — designed to protect a pipeline’s external corrosion coatings from directional drilling and rocky backfills during installation.
The lineup includes:
- Denso Glass Outerwrap, a protective fibreglass outerwrap, consists of a fibreglass cloth impregnated with a water-activated resin. Denso Glass Outerwrap 70 is the flexible version. They are used as a high impact protective outerwrap over Denso petrolatum tapes;
- Denso Glass Outerwrap UV, a UV-protective fibreglass outerwrap, is made of a fibreglass cloth impregnated with a water-activated aliphatic polyurethane resin that is used as a protective outerwrap over Denso petrolatum tapes;
- Denso Utility Tape, an all-purpose protective tape, is used as an outerwrap for Denso Petrolatum, Bitumen and Butyl Tapes. It is also suited for coating small diameter pipes;
- Denso PVC Tape, a colour outerwrap for petrolatum tape, is made from a plasticized polyvinyl chloride tape coated with a rubber resin, pressure-sensitive adhesive;
- Denso Fibre-Wrap, a fibreglass fabric outerwrap, is made from a resin-coated, woven fibreglass fabric that has excellent tensile strength;
- Denso Poly-Wrap, a 150-gauge (1.5 mils) clear outerwrap used over petrolatum tape, has excellent conformability;
- Denso FRP Spacers are used to prevent or correct contact shorts and for abrasion resistance;
- Denso Rock Shield Standard Duty and Denso Rock Shield Heavy Duty, protective diamond mesh, are made from polyethylene to protect pipeline coatings from damaging rock backfills, protrusions and abrasions.
With offices throughout the U.S. and Canada, including locations in Toronto and Edmonton, Denso North America offers a number of anti-corrosion and sealing products. Backed by a team of qualified professionals who provide technical support and on-site guidance, the company has a reputation for solving problems in the most challenging environments.
Contact Denso North America for details on its line of protective outerwraps or any of its other offerings.