Large range of miniature load cells available from Durham InstrumentsAugust 10, 2015 REDWIRE is news you can use from leading suppliers. Powered by FRASERS.
Post your own REDWIRE news Subscribe
Free REDWIRE e-newsletter
Durham Instruments offers a large lineup of miniature load cells for applications where space is limited. The Pickering, Ont.-based company carries models from Measurement Specialties, HBM and Interface that measure both tension and compression load forces.
Here is a brief sampling of some of the company’s offerings:
- ELAF Series compression load cells, from Measurement Specialties, feature the company’s proprietary Microfused technology. This technology operates at very low strains and eliminates age-sensitive organic epoxies used in traditional load cell designs, providing excellent long-term span and zero stability. These compact load cells are available in diameters of 0.5 to 1.5 inches, and compression ranges from 10 to 5,000 lbf.
- The WMC is Interface's smallest tension and compression load cell. It is available in capacities ranging from five to 500 lbf.
- HBM’s U2B force transducer is suitable for measuring static or dynamic, tensile and compressive loads. The sensor uses an integral lateral force compensation system for immunity to side loads. Manufactured from stainless steel and sealed to an IP67 and IP68 rating, the U2B is ideal for harsh environments. It is available in ranges from 0.5 to 200 kN.
- Measurement Specialties’ ELHM load cell is designed for applications where both a compact design and superior stability are required. It’s available in ranges from 500 to 10,000 lbf.
- Interface’s WMCFP Miniature Overload Protected Load Cell features stainless steel construction, low deflection and capacities from 500 to 1,000 g. The load cells are overload protected to eight times capacity, making this product extremely reliable.
- The KMR force washer, from HBM, is suitable for measuring both static or dynamic compressive forces. Made from stainless steel and sealed to an IP67 rating, the KMR is suitable for outdoor use. It is available in ranges from 20 to 400 kN.
Contact Durham Instruments for additional details on its lineup of miniature load cells.